Monday, March 21, 2011

Shamrock Scramble 5K And The Rest Of My Weekend

     So, my race this weekend was a lot of fun.  I didn't do as well as I thought I would, but I also didn't realize how hard it would be to run on a ski trail with about 1 inch of fresh powder.  The race ended up not actually being a 5K.  It came out to around 2.2 miles, a 5K should be 3.1.  My time was 24:40, which is somewhere around 11:30 minute miles.  I am totally happy with this because running in the snow was really hard and I had a blast.  I am still pretty sore this morning, so I did a really easy 3 miles on the treadmill and about 5 on the stationary bike. 

     As far as writting goes, I didn't get anything written over the weekend.  I did work on my book though.  On Friday, before I went home for the night, I downloaded my story so far onto my Kindle, so I could read it over the weekend.  There is some good news and some bad news with this.  The good news is that I am really liking where the story is going and I have several ideas about where I want to go from here, but the bad news is that I realized my characters are really flat.  I decided to try to make them more interesting.  I am now working on writting a backstory for my main characters, and I really think it will help to make the story feel more deep and emotional.  So I am not going to give myself to hard of a word goal for this week because I really want to get the main characters' backstory fleshed out.  I am going to make my goal for Friday instead of Wednesday, and I want to have the backstories of at least 3 of the main characters written and if I finish that, then I want to have a total of 15,000 words written by the time I post on Friday.

     That's going to be it for me today, I have lots of ideas for backstory and the book.  I need to get them all down as soon as possible so I don't forget anything.

Until Wednesday,
SJ Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment