Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Is Over

     So the weekend is over and it is time for another week at my day job.  I work as a receptionist at a local business.  Being a receptionist is obviously not my dream job, but it works really well in allowing me to do the things I enjoy while still making enough money to pay the bills. 

     My weekend was pretty good in the writing department, but not so good in the running department.  According to my training plan, I was supposed to run 7 miles on either Saturday or Sunday.  I had plans with my family all day on Saturday so I decided to do my run on Sunday.  Unfortunately, when I woke up on Sunday morning I was feeling sniffly and I had a little bit of a sore throat, so I cancelled my run.  I usually try not to cancel any of my runs if it can be avoided, but I have been pretty good lately so I decided to let it slide.  I have been having a little bit of unusual soreness in my hips for a couple of days, so taking the weekend off will probably help in clearing that up. 

     This morning I ran 3 miles on the treadmill at the gym because it is still way to cold outside to be running out there.  (Disclaimer: I am a total wuss when it comes to the cold.  It is actually not that cold outside, but I really don't want to run outside until there is no more snow on the ground.)  I also spent about 30 minutes on the stationary bike and did a little bit of upper body weight training.  So, a great start to Monday and the week as far as running goes.

     In writing news, I made a decision on which book I want to start first.  I am still working on a title, but it is going to be a young adult fantasy involving werewolves.  I managed to write about 5000 words this weekend and I couldn't be happier.  I told myself to just sit down and write, and to not worry about editing or if everything is perfect or not.  That plan actually worked pretty well for about 2 hours.  I got an introduction written as well as about 2 chapters.  After getting 2 chapters in, the story started heading in a direction I hadn't anticipated when I started.  So, I am probably going to end up scrapping the Introduction entirely and starting over.  I am okay with that though, the way the book is headed is probably better than my original idea anyway.

     I am hoping to write about 2000 words by the time I do another blog post on Wednesday.  Over the weekend, I also picked up a few new titles for my Kindle, and hope to find some time to read one.  I really love being able to pick up books for under $5 whenever I want.  If you have any recommendations for books under $5, please feel free to leave a comment.  I always enjoy finding new authors to read.  Well that's what is new with me.  Thanks for hanging out :)

Until Wednesday,
SJ Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment